***This message is for 9th grade students that have not picked up their device and/or have not completed the Reading Readiness Assessment***
As we approach the upcoming school year, it is imperative that the necessary technology forms are completed, Chromebook insurance is paid, and Chromebook devices are picked up prior to the start of the school year. Please reference the Student Device Information/Forms/Insurance Section below to complete the necessary forms and pay the Chromebook insurance.
Once those items have been completed, incoming 9th grade families can register to pick up their Chromebooks from Delcastle during the listed dates and times below. Your student is required to be present when picking up the device so that they can go through the password changes and so that they can take a brief Reading Inventory Assessment.
Chromebook Distribution and Reading Inventory Session Times:
- Session #1– Monday, August 15th 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Session #2– Monday, August 15th 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Session #3– Wednesday, August 17th 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Session #4– Wednesday, August 17th 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Please register for one of the above sessions using the Eventbrite link below: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/freshman-chromebook-orientation-tickets-368664855507
NOTE: You must be registered for a session in order to pick up your chromebook.
Student Device Information/Forms/Insurance
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Students and parents must read and sign off on the Chromebook User Agreement, the NCC Vo-Tech Acceptable Use Policy (AUP),and pay an annual insurance fee. The insurance fee starts at $25 and increases by $10 every week after September 9th, 2022.
9/12 until 9/16 – $35
9/19 until 9/23 – $45
9/26 until 9/30 – $55
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Read the following documents before you complete any forms. We ask that you carefully read each so that you are aware of all responsibilities and financial obligations.
o Student/Parent Handbook; Student/Parent Handbook (Spanish)
- Pay the annual insurance fee based on the amount due noted above. No checks will be accepted. You can pay online using the link below, or you can pay with cash, money order, or card at the school.
- Both parent/guardian and student must complete a Chromebook User Agreement form, available below. Please use complete legal names for students as they appear in eSchool. If you don't know your student's ID number, please use zero.
ATTENTION 9th Grade Students that Attended the Chromebook Deployment on Tuesday, July 26, 2022 but Couldn’t Take the Reading Inventory:
Due to issues with the HMH Reading Inventory platform, we were unable to administer the Reading Inventory to students on Tuesday, July 26th. If you attended on this date, you should have received an email a few hours ago with the new directions on how to access the Reading Inventory. Thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions in regards to any of these items, please call (302) 995-8100.
Delcastle Technical High School